Friends, do you know we serve a God of good promises?
There are thousands of promises in His Scripture. Yes, some are conditional – others given to individuals in certain storylines, etc. Regardless, the Scripture is full of life-giving promises for stressful days. Today, I share 19 God-given declarations; I believe to be relevant and encouraging for any difficult day including, those with the threat of Covid-19.
God promises to be with you, always. He is with you in the good and the bad. He will never leave you. No matter what you are facing today, you are not alone. The God of the universe is with you every moment of each day and night. Can you even imagine this truth? Mind-blowing, isn’t it? I am grateful for this promise.
In Hebrews 13:5, Christ said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me.” Psalm 23:4 (ESV)
2. He promises to be close to the brokenhearted. If you are hurting or feel your heart breaking today, I believe the Lord holds you ever so tightly. You are not forgotten. He is holding you close and will encourage your crushed spirit.
“The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.” Psalm 34:18 (ESV)
3. The Lord promises to give strength. When tired and weary remember, He gives strength. God wants you to soar like an eagle. Place your hope in Him, and He will renew your vigor.
“But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31 (ESV)
4. No matter what you are facing, God promises to help you. He is on your team. He holds you by your hand and will give you the help you need to move forward.
Isaiah 41:13 (NIV) “For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”
5. God promises to give wisdom. When needing direction and answers to life’s problems, He will provide wisdom. He sees the bigger picture and knows the beginning and the end. He gives answers in our searching.
James 1:5 (ESV) “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
6. He promises to provide your every need. Note He does not promise to supply your every want, but God will take care of your needs. He is able. Trust Him.
Philippians 4:19 (ESV) “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”
7. God promises to give peace. As we seek the Lord, He gives His people His peace. His peace is a peace different from the world’s peace. It is a peace built through trust placed in His goodness, His promises, His words. He will keep you in perfect peace, as you keep your thoughts on Him.
“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” Isaiah 26:3 (ESV)
8. God promises to give hope and a future. God has created you with a good plan and a deep purpose in mind. He wants to give you a bright future and a living hope.
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11 (ESV)
9. God promises to guide you. God will teach you and instruct you. He will give you guidance for your life struggles. He knows the way you should go. Trust Him and His counsel.
Psalms 32:8 (ESV) “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you.”
10. God promises to work all things out for our good. God is good at taking our mistakes and rearranging our mess to create a message. God is good at taking ashes and turning them into something beautiful. Trust the Redeemer to redeem your broken pieces. He is able to work all things for good to them that love Him and are called to His purpose.
“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28 (ESV)
11. God promises to complete what He started in you. He promises to finish what He began in your life. Lean deep into Him and follow.
“And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6 (ESV)
12. God promises salvation to those who confess and believe. God gives the gift of salvation. He paid the penalty for our sins on a cruel cross. He overcame death and the grave. He offers salvation to all.
“If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Romans 10:9 (NASB)
13. God promises life eternal. No one promises eternal life but God. He is God, and He has overcome death and the grave. He promises the same to you and me if we abide in Him.
“Therefore let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father. And this is the promise that He has promised us – eternal life.” 1 John 2:24-25 (NKJV)
“Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?’ ” John 11:25-26 (ESV)
14. God promised He is preparing a beautiful place for His followers called heaven.
“In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.” John 14:2 (KJV)
15. God promised He will return and gather His saints.
“And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. ” John 14:3 (KJV)
16. God promises there will be no more tears. No tears in heaven. Period.
“And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes . . . Revelations 21:4 (ESV)
17. God promises there will be no more sorrow. No sadness, no sorrow in heaven. He promises.
. . . “neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” Revelations 21:4 (ESV)
18. God promises there will be no more pain.
. . . there shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:4 (ESV)
19. He promises to give you a crown. Friends, we know the end of the story. What fairy books have claimed for years will come true! ‘We will live happily ever after’ and do so with a crown on our head.
“Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12 (ESV)
Friends, God is a good God and full of good, good promises. Lean into His promises and they will carry you on your hardest of hard days.